Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Non-Holiday, Holiday

I am coming to you LIVE from an office somewhere in Northeast Wisconsin! I'm going to be fairly quick since I have some work that I am being forced to do even though it is a non-holiday, holiday. Today is testing my theory, and what will be my platform until the day I die, that if there is a major sporting event on television in the middle of the day in a sport that doesn't regularly do such things, then people should not have to work that day. Exhibits 1a and 1b today are the fact that Wisconsin AND Creighton both play at 1 p.m. today. And it isn't like they are playing asshole non-conference tournaments either. UW is at Michigan and CU is at Indiana St. (although sadly, Bird is not walking through that door). I think Bucky goes down in a tight one, and this is the type of game that the Bluejays lose every year, especially when on a 9 game winning streak.

If you think I'm not going to be monitoring both games closely while fake working, you are dead wrong.

After that, I will be whisked away to "celebrate" New Year's with one of my wife's friends, her husband, and their kid. Good times.

No comments: