Sunday, December 14, 2008

Relax



I'm gonna take the official stance that the Packers don't need a large shakeup in the offseason. I've had time to reflect after the terrible losses over the past couple weeks. Anyone who thinks TT needs to leave or MM needs to get the ax needs to relax and step back and look at this year from another viewpoint.

We've had some brilliant games (Indy, 2nd Bears game) so we know we can beat anyone, and not just beat them, kick the shit outta them. We've also had some ugly games (Saints, Dallas). And we've lost a bunch of games we could have won (Houston, Carolina, Vikings, Atlanta, Tennessee). Theoretically we could possibly be 10-3 going into this week. Just give us half those close games and this year looks much better.

The most telling game for me was the Tennessee game. We went into their house. They were the best team in the NFL and undefeated. And we took them to OT. We showed we can play with the best.

So, the issue for me is experience. We have an extremely young team and they need to learn to win together. This is a process. A team like this learns a lot in a full season. Aaron Rodgers has been, in my opinion, much better than expected. Do people forget the only real playing time he had was against Dallas last year. This is basically a rookie year and he's a legit big time QB and I agree with Juice that he's a top 5 NFC QB. But, he needs to learn to win. Give the Packers a 4 point deficit and 6 minutes remaining and I have all the confidence in the world they'll score. But give them the same deficit and 1:30 remaining and I have all the confidence in a 3 and out or an interception. But they'll get better.

The D needs a little help. The corners are aging and who knows how long they'll be effective. But they have some youth too and they need to learn to play under pressure b/c I'm sure with Ricky over center, Juice in the backfield and me and Bear at wideout with just Twinkie blocking we could score on the Packers in a 2 minute drill.

Moral of the story, sit back and relax. This year is done but they'll get better even if they don't add anyone in free agency. Hopefully they can get a couple quality additions and not lose anyone really important.

Other thoughts -

I'd like to see Brandon Jackson featured in our running game.

Pacquiao/De La Hoya fight was entertaining but a complete ass kicking. De La Hoya is washed up. He's finished. And Pacquiao is a stud. Does anyone reading this give a shit? Probably not.

Dark Knight was fantastic. The Joker has to be one of the greatest villians ever and Heath Ledger is brilliant. Its hard to believe its him, RIP.

Oh, and I did get some 5am nookie. I'll spare you the details. And no, Twinkie, I will not text you the details. That goes for you too, Bear. But if Loaf Cobra wants them he can have them.

Tar Heels only won by 16. They were slacking a little after final exams.

3 comments:

Juicelaw said...

I was watching from the closet, so I don't need details. Plus, there weren't alot of details to pass on anyway because it only lasted 12 seconds and ended with Sports Bottle crying. He would dominate in rodeo though.

gotwinkies said...

The only complaint I have with your post is that you had me blocking in our hypothetical game against the Pack-D. I'll have you know I used to run around a 4.6 - 40 and you could better utilize my talents as a receiver or running back.

Nice work on the 5:00 a.m. nookie. I bet that cost you a few dollars.

The Sports Bottle said...

I was right around the 4.6 area too. I'll change the lineup. We'll be our own version of Boldin and Fitzgerald.