Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Impatience

I would just like to follow up my agreement with everything in the last post (except that if they lose to the 0-15 Lionesses, I want McCarthy's ass on a platter), with another local sports radio rant. There has been a constant, and by constant I mean coincidentally the same percentage of people who disapprove of the fact that A-Rodg was our starting QB from day one, stream of people bitching about how "A-Rodg can't win the big game" or that "he doesn't come through in the clutch". Well, I would like to go ahead and call bullshit on that, and here is why. First, he has played in 14 full games now. Find me a QB with 14 career games that wins every time he gets the ball with under 2 minutes. Second, he doesn't call the plays. Sure, he has some liberties I imagine with audibles and such, but on a whole, he isn't the one calling draw plays. Third, last I checked there are 10 other players on offense. So when the left side of the O-line decides not to block, or Jermichael Finley drops a pass on one of the great plays designed for him, it really isn't A-Rodg's fault. Fourth, he doesn't play defense or special teams. There are three games that I can think of off the top of my head (and I'm sure there are more) (at Min, Car, Hou) where he lead the team down the field for a score, and either special teams (missed FG, 2 long KO returns v. Car) fucks up, or the defense allows a march down the field for the winning score. In the Minnesota and Carolina games he did it TWICE, only to have one of the other groups fuck it up.

So chill out on finding a reason to hate A-Rodg. He'll get there. Just be thankful he isn't one of the shitheads (Dilweg, Kiel, Wright, Whitehurst, Zorn, Risher, Tomczak) that played in the 80's and 90's. To the radio hosts credit, he went on similar rant and basically told people to "Leave Aaron Rodgers alone!" He really is the least of our problems.


PS. The fact that Nick Collins made the Pro Bowl should be investigated. Are the Packers and the NFC Pro Bowl team the only ones that use a Free Safety? That is about the only reason I could see (other than the randomness of this Darren Sharper like INT/Returns for TDs). The biggest snub on the Packers is clearly either Jermichael Finley or Justin Harrell. Also, the fact that a certain New York Jets QB made the squad despite leading the AFC in INTs is gay.

I'm not sure why I even care about the Pro Bowl rosters, because they stopped playing the Pro Bowl when I was 8.

7 comments:

Seymour said...

I don't remember EVER watching a probowl... I don't think there is a single packers fan that wasn't surprised about the "N. Collins" pick... I am impatient and hope MM is flipping burgers next year...

Ricky said...

How about we stop the Rodgers love fest also. The late game chokes are not all his fault, but be real, some of the blame lays right square on his shoulders. The defense did not throw the picks or take the horrible sack to take us out of field goal range. I know that I have to repeat this. I think Rodgers is a good quarterback and will potentially be great. The losses are not all is fault, but even he takes partial blame.

Juicelaw said...

absolutely. partial blame. And I don't love Rodgers. Only his mustache.

The Sports Bottle said...

i believe ricky can be described as the anti-archie manning bastard. he does not agree with anything we say.

Ricky said...

I disagree again. I also love his mustache. He needs it back because the mustache itself is good for at least two come from behind wins.

You do all have the exact same opinion though. I cannot tell the difference anymore between any of you bastards.

The Sports Bottle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juicelaw said...

That is because we all have the same dad, albiet different mothers. And were raised by wolves.