Monday, December 15, 2008

The Packers, Fake Teams, Sloppy Seconds and Hockey?!?!?

That was six losses in seven games. That isn't very good. I am tending to take the same position as the Sports Bottle took regarding the remainder of the Packer season, but I am feeling more and more like I am being forced into taking the position that his girlfriend took at 5 a.m. the other day. I'm not really sure what I mean by that other than I am sick and tired of seeing the same thing repeated over, and over and over again (see above reference to Sports Bottle's girlfriend), and getting the same results. I'm also sick and tired of hearing McCarthy talk about "fixing things" and "lack of communication" and other bullshit coach speak after every week. I'm also sick of handing the fullback the ball on 4th and 1. Clearly, there are a large number of issues with this team. Here is my list, in no particular order: 1) play calling on offense, 2) talent at a number of positions, 3) youth, 4)play calling on defense, 5) lack of accountability for dipshitedness.

Again, tending to take the "relax" route. But with one condition. If we play the Lions on December 28th, and the Lions are 0-15, and we fucking lose, Thompson better have the balls to fire everyone on the coaching staff. Seriously. That would be the nail in the coffin for me. I we lose 8 of 9 capped off by a home loss to an 0-15 team? There would be no hope for a turnaround, and no where else to turn.

I kicked Richard's monkey ass in the OJSFA semi-finals thanks to a tremendous 4th quarter by league MVP Phil Rivers. I was sweating the decision when Rivers had -.08 points at halftime. Romo performed pretty well too. I've got some tough matchups next week as I take on the winner of a seemingly tight Twinkie-Bear matchup in the other semi.

I've got to wiegh in on Sean Avery. This is sort of old, but it keeps popping up and is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Avery is a hockey player for those who don't know. He is one of these types that talks alot, has "personality", and says really dumb things. He's like an NFL wideout. A few weeks ago, he made a crack about some other NHLer dating his ex-girlfriend Elisha Cuthbert (aka Jack Bauer's daughter, aka would be hot if she wasn't so fucking annoying and stupid in 24), and referring to her as "sloppy seconds". I got a chuckle out of it. NHL commish Gary Bettman apparently didn't get the joke and suspended him for SIX games. Are you fucking kidding? Are we in Russia? SIX games for saying "sloppy seconds" not in reference to the bosses daughter or wife? And then if that wasn't insane enough, his team, the Dallas Stars, comes out and basically says that he's fired and they won't have him back. Really? Look I don't follow hockey. It is my understanding that Avery is good-ish, and is one of those "enforcer" dudes that punches people alot. Anyway, he is getting FIRED for saying this (although I assume there are other in-house issues at work, I'm going to assume for the sake of this rant that there isn't). And he is alledgedly relatively good! The whole world is going to hell in a handbasket. This makes my head hurt.

1 comment:

Ricky said...

So I am not taking the relax stance. Shit needs to happen this offseason. If we do not make some substantial changes we will be in this same boat.

If we ever call that FB play again I am seriously going to... I don't know, be really mad I guess. A Rodg should audible every time he hears that call.