Friday, December 12, 2008

The Friday shakes

As usual, it has been a super busy Friday around here, with the phones having rang at least twice all morning. I am especially giddy because tonight is the Office Christmas party. I have started a bet with my wife on how early in the night my boss will leave. She has 8:17 p.m., I gave him the benefit of the doubt, taking 8:41 p.m. Last year he went home immediately after supper, which was around 8 p.m. My boss is about as anti-social as it gets, and thank God (My loving, peaceful, Forgiving God, not Sports Bottles god) for that, because when he does socialize with me, he is usually a condescending prick. And if he figures out how to read this blog, then he will be my ex-boss. But, since we don't have a website for our business, I think I am pretty safe. Anyhow, the reason I am giddy is because there will be an open bar. And since I feel that I am seriously underpaid (similar to how 99% of US workers feel) then tonight is my night to give myself a small bonus by consuming as much beer as possible. This is different compared to my former life (last year) when I was medically advised not to consume alcohol. Not that my doctors have advised me to get severly wasted now, but they have told me to just "be smart about it." And when they say smart, they mean drink lots when its free. At least that was my interpretation.

Other notes:

In my straight up pick'em pool, I have made $60 in the past 3 weeks (if gambling were legal). This is significant because I paid only $20 to join.

In my "all or nothing" pool, meaning you can pick as many games as you want each week, but you only get points that week if you get all games that you pick right, I am 2nd overall and have pointed the last 3 weeks. I tell you both of these things knowing that I have now probably jinxed myself out of any money I was set to win. And that is aside from the ass-kicking I am sure to take in the OJSFA in the opening round of the playoffs.

Well, excuse me while I go back on cruise control at work and check out some more mindless games at www.candystand.com which is great for burning hours of company time. I have accumulated 24 trophies thus far. I will now employ Juice's trick of leaving a file open on my desk and suddenly glancing down at if one of my bosses walks in here, while I simultanously flick the computer monitor off. Have a good weekend all.

2 comments:

The Sports Bottle said...

have u ever gone to virtualnes.com? it has almost every single original nintendo game. all u do is click on a game and its suddenly on your screen. freakin awesome.

Juicelaw said...

I like everyvideogame.com. When I used to have time to do such things at work, I like that one. Plus you can save games.