Friday, December 26, 2008

Game Preview: Packers v. Lions


So I'm going to the game Sunday with Sir Richard, his girlfriend, and some random fuck who Richard allegedly knows that is a Lions fan. This means Richard knows at least two Lions fans which is insane. Either way, history is going to be made on Sunday. Either we witness the culmination of the worst season in professional sports history, or I will be spending a bunch of time in prison after I run onto the field and commit a number of unspeakable felonies.


A few interesting notes about the game:


The Packers have won SIXTEEN straight against the Lions in GB. The last time the Lions won in Green Bay was 1991. According to my recollections, this will be the 21st Packer game I have been to. I have been to only one previous Packer/Lion game, and coincidentally, and that game was on December 15, 1991.... Um. Is that a bad omen?


Weather is supposed to be 25 degrees. With a strong wind. Which, if in our face, would fucking suck.


Hoping to get totally blasted. That's really all I got. Just wanted to point out that the Packers are 0-1 against the Lions in games I've been to, and they've won 16 straight, and I'm only 28 which makes that statistic really, really, unlikely.

6 comments:

Ricky said...

Are you working on Monday or do you just plan on getting really blasted early and passing out early?

If the Lions win, I blame you.

Any great ideas for Saturday night?

The Sports Bottle said...

Either the Packers win by 45 or they lose. No other options.

Ricky, did Emmy get ahold of you. Apparently she's going to the game and I told her I thought you were going too and I'm not sure how I knew or why I thought you were going but somehow I did. I think it's because I think of nothing but your sweet ass.

Juicelaw said...

I was thinking about getting blasted Saturday actually. Work is going to come mighty early on Monday.

No idea RE: Saturday.

Ricky said...

Emmy did get ahold of me. We will be meeting up in the morning before the game.

Do we want to give downtown GB a shot? I don't really care I guess, as long as there is some booze available we will all be happy.

Juicelaw said...

I don't really care.

However, I think we are getting f-ing old. And it seems when we go anywhere that is even remotely loud or whatever, we just stand around and stare at people and yawn. And we always want to sit and talk.

But it certainly can work out for the best too. So we'll check it out.

PS. What are your feelings on BW3's the morning of the game versus standing around in the freezing ass cold? Beer/Food are cheaper. Just a thought, I'll do whatever.

PPS. a) time estimate of arrival, b) planning to eat when you arrive?

The Sports Bottle said...

Yes, we are getting old. But if you really think about it what else did we do in really packed bars back in the day? Just stand around and drink, right? Maybe we yawn a little more now though.

If the Lions win, cut off Ricky's friend's sack for me, please.