Tuesday, December 23, 2008

They Finally Did It...

...They finally gave me an ulcer. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. They are inventing ways to lose now. They didn't even play that poorly. It would be pretty hard to point at one thing (other than I suppose the blocked 38 yard field goal) and place blame. At least in past weeks you could say, "the defense sucked balls", or "the offensive line didn't block". If you had to pin it on something I guess it would be special teams in general, I dunno. Seriously though, I thought a hole was going to be burned in my stomach last night, and it just kicked back up while writing this post. These last five weeks have been incredible. Even the MNF announcers couldn't explain how the Bears won.

More general bitching/observations:

1) McCarthy is a Lions loss away from me gaining 100 lbs, hiding his body, and showing up on the sidelines next year.

2) For all the great catches Driver has made this year, he dropped a HUGE one last night.

3) Ryan Grant isn't very good.

4) We actually had very few penalties last night, which was nice for a change.

5) How the fuck does a 38 yarder get blocked?

6) I completely agree with letting the clock run down at the end rather than throwing it around and chancing a fluke turnover.

7) A-Rodg is finally getting some respect from the MNF crew.

8) The Bears' offense is TERRRRRRIBLE--Bill Walton

9) That "horsecollar" call on Rouse was a crock of shit.

10) Why were there not TWO penalties on Adrian Peterson on that hit out of bounds. Shouldn't there have been a 15 yarder for late hit out of bounds, AND a horsecollar?

11) Why can our defense dominate for 3.5 quarters, and then make Matt Forte look like Barry Sanders?

12) Prediction for next week: Packers up 20-14 with :43 seconds left. Lions have the ball on their own 12. Orvlosky throws a 12 yard out to Calvin Johnson. Calvin Johnson pulls a gun out of his waistband and shoots all of our defenders to score the winning TD (ala "The Last Boy Scout").


And if that doesn't happen, and we still lose, that might be me out on the field.

5 comments:

Ricky said...

You could have put Juice, Sports Bottle, Me, and Juice's wife out there blocking for that FG and we may have been more successful. I used to say, unfuckingbelievable. Now it is just fuckingbelievable.

Some silver linings to point out here.

Minnesota is not in the playoffs yet.
TT will have a better pick that he can trade away.
Juice and I can get really drunk at Lambeau and bitch about TT's draft again. Jordy Fucking Nelson.

Bear said...

*yawn*

I wanted us to lose, why get worked up about a week 16 loss in a year that we were already out of the playoffs? Save a couple points off that blood pressure and wait till next year when we go 10-6 or 11-5 and all of a sudden MM and TT aren't such fuck ups to everyone.

The Sports Bottle said...

As much as I hate to 100% agree with Bear, the last line of your comment is exactly what I'm thinking.

I had no problem with a 38 yd field goal attempt.

And I hate to admit but I'm rooting for the Vikings b/c I'm going to Vegas with a huge Vikings fan and I'd like to see them lose while I debauch as much as possible in the Mirage Sports Book.

Juicelaw said...

Viking fans should be shot in the face....
Richard when are you and your girlfriend coming???

Ricky said...

We will be there Saturday evening. Her family's Christmas party is on Saturday. Hope to be out of there between 3 and4. My buddy is flying to GB saturday morning. Not sure what he will do with himself all day. I hope it is ok that he stays? Fuck Viking fans right up the a-hole.

Curious how we go 11-5 next year without some significant changes. Not necessarily coaching changes either, although a couple coordinators should be sucking dick for coke in a couple weeks.

If we don't see history made on Sunday, 0-16, the team needs to be blown up from top to bottom.