Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Impatience and the Middle Urinal



I experienced a very rare male phenomenon the other day. I walked into a public bathroom behind a rather old fellow. This bathroom contained three urinals. This gentleman was immediately overcome by the choice he had to make. There he stood with his choice of what urinal to use, 1, 2 or 3. Now, for most males the choice would either be 1 or 3. But this guy was a unique individual. As I'm waiting I'm automatically thinking I'm going to take whichever of the two he doesn't take since I'm a male under 40 years old and would very much prefer not to piss within 5 feet of some stranger. So after much debate, and using his call a friend option, he chose NUMBER 2, the middle urinal!! Are you fucking kidding me? I'm pretty sure I let out an audible "are you fucking serious?" He seemed satisfied with his decision as I realized he's one of these piss 6 feet from the urinal kinda guys where unless I'm looking directly away from him I can see his wang bouncing around. Now, for our millions of female readers, you must understand; this is not some weird sort of 'man law.' This is natural law, a scientific law! This guy obviously saw a predicament (3 unclaimed urinals), mulled over the possibilities (which urinal to claim), weighed the pros and cons and CHOSE the middle urinal. That should not happen. That process should not exist in this situation. He should have just walked in and gravitated to the left or right and I, without thinking about it, would have gone in the opposite direction.

I'm gonna comment on this Packer fan impatience issue. What happened to allowing a team to get better? I must be an old school sports fan. The 21st century fan needs everything NOW. "I don't care we have a new QB, we better win now!!!!!" I want people to have a chance. No one bitched about MM until this year. I think he's bought himself a cushion. Maybe he's made a few bad decisions this year, I'll give you that. But they were only bad decisions because the offense didn't execute. Had the FB dive worked at the end of the game against against the Panthers, no one would have thought twice about it. Now don't get me wrong, I thought it was a bad play call, but it's inches from being a good play call. I do have to say the settling for the 52 yard field goal at the end of the game against the Vikings was ridiculous. Bordering on unbelievable. But can't we give him a chance to learn? This is what, his 3rd year? I like the future of this team.

No comments: