Tuesday, September 15, 2009

View From the Bottle

Sunday night's game was the first game I've seen from beginning to end on TV in a long time. For the past couple years I've been listening to most of them on the radio or watching the first 80% and then having to go to work.

Anyways, as I watched I couldn't help but think this was the same Packer team as last year. Rodgers missed a couple wide open guys downfield, overthrowing one by five yards and underthrowing another by five yards. The wide receivers dropped some passes. Nick Collins has taken the label of the next incredibly overrated safety in the Packers' defensive backfield (see Darren Sharper).

Allen Barbre. OK. My thoughts on this are a little different than others. Yes, Ogunleye made him his bitch. But that happens. I'm not even gonna ask how he won the starting spot. What I am gonna ask is how did the coaching staff not adjust. They left Barbre one on one with Ogunleye all game. Why not start the tight end off of Barbre's right shoulder and just give Ogunleye a bump? The constant pressure from the right side was having an obvious effect on Rodgers.

I think it's great to have the two stupidest coaches in the NFL in our division. I would have to say that fake punt was the worst play call I've ever seen and I don't care if it was Lovie's call or not. Then his challenge was almost worse. I can't remember who was running off the field but he was sitting in the stands with Ricky and Juice rubbing his nuts by the time the ball was snapped (don't pretend like you don't remember).

Who didn't have flashbacks to last year when the Pack had the ball with 2 minutes left? I had no confidence at all. But when Rodgers threw that one deep I had my cock through the TV screen before Jennings caught it. What a fantastic play call. I was bitching all the game that the Pack NEEDED to start using the play action more. The play calling was so basic all game - hand off or simply drop back pass. Maybe our chubby little coach is a closet genius?

The D looked very good. Jolly's interception was phenomenal. I hate Nick Collins. Woodson got used hardcore by Knox. I agree with Juice's brother, that was a fluke, right? Woodson's not getting old yet, is he? But I'm not getting all hot and horny about the defense yet. I think the Bears offense sucks big floppy donkey dick. I've thought Cutler was way overrated and I'm feeling pretty confident with that thought. I don't know who I hate more when I simply look at their face - Jay Cutler or Eli Manning. They both look like spoiled little brats (rhymes with 'cats').

Random jibberish -

Good start in the OJSFA. I took down the White Broncos with relative ease. I was a little worried when TO didn't do shit in the first Monday night game. And I was getting worried as the Chargers were driving in the fourth quarter. That is, until Rivers hooked up with my boy Vincent Jackson with an ugly throw that turned out great.

I would be sick if I were a Bills or Raiders fan. How the fuck did the Bills lose? That guy would not be returning kicks for me ever again.

I picked 14 of the 16 games right in Week 1 but I didn't win my league. Horseshit.

Vegas update - Ricky still hasn't committed. Totally weak dude. And there was a whisper of BMac joining the trip. I never believed it for a second. He always has some complete bullshit excuse. Why even pretend like there's a chance? Besides, you don't actually exist.

3 comments:

The Sports Bottle said...

Have you checked prices lately from Milwaukee to Vegas? If you want decent times it's gonna be about $480. Thank god we booked when we did.

Juicelaw said...

I won't look at them because if I do, they will drop to $200. Story of my life.

The Sports Bottle said...

Ricky is gonna be paying $400