Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The J.J. Hardy Saga

From JSOnline: "I think there was some good intentions, but at the same time I don't think I'll ever believe 100% that I was sent down to work on my swing," Hardy said. "I think they've always had Escobar in the back of their mind.
"I always saw myself as a Brewer and hoped I could spend my whole career in Milwaukee. I just wish there was another way they could have done this so there wasn't such a bitter taste in my mouth."


I personally believe that while it was a bit shady (and smart) on the Brewer's part. J.J. could have solved this problem by not playing like shit all season (.229 BA). Had he hit even .250, they Crew would not have fucked with him. As it is, it is pretty hard to feel bad for a guy who is making $4 million plus to be below average at his job.

No comments: