Saturday, September 5, 2009

Corn Roasts

Going to a corn roast over at an in-laws tonight. For those who don't know, you take a shitload of corn, roast it on a grill or over a fire, and you eat it. Mix in a bunch of beer, and you have a corn roast. Not the biggest fan in the world, but it is OK. Problem is, the Badgers open up at 6 p.m. tonight. The corn roast starts at 4 p.m. You all know how I am about watching sporting events. I have the DVR set, and my wife's family is like just cognizant enough that a game is going on, that they are all going to want to talk to me about it (because they know that sports, video games, food and cocaine are the only 4 things I care about). The bad thing is that I am an asshole if I want to sit and watch the entire thing. So there is this awkward dynamic, where everyone will check the score and tell me enough to ruin any possibility of me watching it on DVR, but I can't watch it. Fucking sucks. If it was a Packer game, I would totally just be a dick and watch it and ignore the family. Or not go at all. But Badgers v. Huskies probably doesn't rise to an acceptable level of importance to make a scene.

No comments: