Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sports Illustrated Preview


LeBron has to be the greatest athletic specimen in the history of mankind. According to the cover story LeBron got that ripped by never lifting weights. He only started lifting recently. How is that possible? He has a 44 inch vert. And he says he can get at least a foot higher jumping off one foot. He's 6'8" and 270 lbs. In my opinion him and Kobe are 1 and 1a as the greatest basketball players in the world. LeBron is only 24. To me its all amazing.

Bruce Springsteen is playing at the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Springsteen sucks.

SI Players NBA Poll - Who is the best all-around athlete in the NBA? #1 got 66%. It's obvious. Name 4 out of 5 and I'll give you a dollar.

Michael Redd out for the year. I'm not a big Redd fan. He's never gonna be the guy to lead a team but he's by far the best player we have. It's nice to see Charlie V stepping up a little now. No way the Bucks make the playoffs, especially if Bogut's playing time is spotty.

Mosley beat Margarito last Saturday night. This is the first of about 6 pending sports bets I have from my trip to Vegas. I took Mosley (4 to 1 underdog). That was a smooth $70. Awesome ass beating.

Jeff Kent definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.

Super Bowl preview. SI predicts Cardinals victory. That would not be good for me. I win $130 if Steelers win by more than 7 with a combined score more than 47.

The Wake Forest dude who hit the last second layup against Duke is a world karate champion. I bet you didn't know that.

Here's an article about figure skating. Anyone interested?

Moving on...

I wouldn't mind reading Joe Torre's new book. There's a couple page excerpt here that I'll read the next time I'm taking a crunch. Must feel good for Torre, though, that the Yanks missed the playoffs last year. I know it felt good to me.

I've watched a bunch of the Australian Open, mainly b/c it's on during the early morning hours. Tennis chicks are so hot. A few of them rank in the unbelievable section of hotness. I watched all the semifinal matches. Being an American I was naturally rooting for Andy Roddick. I've seen him face Roger Federer numerous times and he gets mopped up every time. I enjoyed Serena's jumblies bouncing around during the finals. Federer vs Nadal in a couple hours. I'll be watching.

Seth Davis' Three Pointer section - What's this? "Wisconsin is sliding towards the NIT." I couldn't agree more Seth. Nice game against Northwestern tonight, by the way.

Other thoughts -

Ricky, you are a pussy. A text message at 4:30 in the morning doesn't negate your pussiness from staying in at 7pm last Saturday. You and Don are hairy vaginas. We actually had a really good time at the Helm. Played a couple hours of pool. Had another deviled egg. We should go get wings sometime.

Juice, I'm gonna start siphoning a little cash here and there in preparation for the possible (but will never happen) Vegas trip. Ricky, tell Don to come with us.

The girlfriend and I booked a trip to the Dominican Republic for March 13-18. We're staying at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana. 5 nights of all inclusive fun. I'll make it back just in time for the NCAA Tourney.




6 comments:

Bear said...

Josh Smith, Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard, Amare Stoudemire, too obvious

And Jeff Kent? Really? If he hadn't forced every team he played with for the last decade to play him at second base when he clearly had no defensive skills there, his stats wouldn't even be close to HOF status

Ricky said...

Daniel, how are you so loaded? Someday I want to take 16 vacations a year.

The fight last night was fantastic.

Juicelaw said...

If you don't think he is taking his "cut", you are crazy.

I hope all inclusive includes what it should include. Especically if you are paying again.

I am 700% in for the Labor day weekend trip to Vegas. But I'm not going by myself.

The Sports Bottle said...

Keep in mind, my Vegas trip paid for itself. Speaking in financial terms, it never happened. Had that trip not gone so well, the g/f and I wouldn't be going to a place as nice. Also, the resort we're staying at is "5 star" but it's brand new so they had great deals. Overall, I'm spending over $1000 less than I did for our trip to Mexico last year.

Also, my tax return is the main reason for the trip. And, January was a 3 payday month for me. Another one of those is coming in the summer and that will pay for the Vegas trip none of us will go on.

Bear, you cheated, homo. If you couldn't guess Shaq as the guy no one wants to fight you wouldn't get that answer right.

Bear said...

I thought I did guess Shaq? Or someone else guessed him before me?

Bear said...

Ah I see, I threw Artest out there because it was too obvious and Juice got Shaq before me after that