Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baseball and Stuff

-I purchased my first Milwaukee Brewers tickets yesterday. I "won" the "privilege" of buying tickets for the Cubs games (the non-home opener variety) before most people could buy them. I'm not sure how many people they let through, but the buying started at like 9 a.m., and I didn't think of it until about noon. When I logged on, I was able to get two tickets together for the May 9th game (which is a Saturday night) in the top row behind the foul pole in right field, at a jacked up "marquee rate". Whatever, it should be fun. Every year I have this love/hate relationship with Brewer/Cub games because those asshats from Illinois fill up about half the stadium with tickets purchased on the secondary market, and they are fucking obnoxious. But it is fun because the crowds are always more drunk and more raucous than normal. I would sell them for $100 each, if scalping was legal.

-The Crew started playing baseball games against other teams yesterday, and the fucking TIED. I don't know why that would even begin to bother me, but ties are stupid. Corey Hart will win MVP if he plays like the box score makes it look like he played yesterday. 2-2, HR, SB. Jeff Suppan got the start, pitched two innings, and was Jeff Suppan. If he is our opening day starter to "take pressure off of Yo", I'm going to be PISSED. I'll take Dave Bush as our ace over Suppan. This year is going to be another classic "Soup" year, with every stat line looking similar to this: 6 IP, 12H, 4ER, 1K, 2BB. He will go 11-12 with a 4.98 ERA, which is not good for your "number one" pitcher.

-At least Marquette can blame their loss to UConn on losing their third best player to injury, and not on the fact that they gave up 93 points at home. Whatever makes them sleep at night.

No comments: