Monday, February 16, 2009

Am I Crazy?

...For thinking that Creighton still has a very legit at-large shot? Four games left, only one on the road (at last place Missouri St.), three winnable home games. I said a month ago, that if they win out in the regular season, they would get an at large, which at the time seemed ridiculous because they were coming off a terrible loss and had ten games left. Well, they've won six straight, including the absolute violation of the Egyptian dogs in Carbondale on national television on Saturday, and are now 21-6. 26 or 27 and 7 would look pretty freaking good, especially when the committee will have to choose between them and a 10 or 11 loss Michigan or Penn St.

...for believing that 3-2 the rest of the way will get Wisconsin in? And really, they should win two against Indiana (who is abysmal) and beat Michigan at home.

...for being excited for baseball on February? I literally looked to see when the Brewers first spring training game was. I think it probably has to do with the fact that I've been locked in my office about 60 hours a week for the past few weeks, and I'm looking for a reason to be preoccupied by something else. It also probably has to do with the fact that I have a totally different feeling heading into the season due to the playoff run last year. Not that I think they will make it again, but last year was the first year ever that I made the Brewers appointment viewing from April to October, and found out what it feels like to have something to root for during an entire baseball season. Something I hadn't had in my whole life, really.

1 comment:

Bear said...

I'd say the same thing about bucky, but you'd have to think one of those two wins would have to come against MSU or Minnesota, remember we have a couple wins to gather up in the Big Ten tourney too, that should help them out