Sunday, February 1, 2009

Are we in Russia?



So I headed over to purchase my gametime beer. Shopko Express if you don't know, is almost exactly like Walgreens. I had a coupon for $10 off of a $20 purchase due to the amount of money we spend there. I thought: "Great. I'll stop in and buy $20 worth of beer and snacks, and I can have my own Super Bowl party."


First of all, I have been buying the "build a six pack" at this place for the past two years. Typically it is $7.49, but occasionally it will be on sale for less. Today, I noticed that they raised the price to $8.49. That is ridiculous. I refuse to pay $8.49 for a six pack of beer, when I can buy a non-mixed one for $6.99.


So I load up with some beer and chips and shit and I get to the counter and she says "Oh, I'm sorry, this coupon doesn't apply to alcohol." I was pissed. I'm a fairly non-confrontational person when it comes to customer service situations, because typically it is either not that person's fault, or because I know I'm going to give them a shitty tip (should it apply). My immediate response was: "Where does it say that?" Clerk: "It doesn't, its just a policy." Me: "Well how am I supposed to know that?" Clerk: blank stare. My choice was either, leave the shit on the counter as a matter of principal, or buy it and bitch about it. I think you can probably tell from this post, what I did. The way that trip went, I'm glad the Packers aren't playing today.

No comments: