Saturday, February 14, 2009

NFL Network is Stupid

I technically don't really mean that. Any station that can give me live coverage of dudes running 40 yard dashed in thier underwear, is alright by me. But seriously, this morning (before I went to work, which is fucking bullshit) during a commercial break, they were touting 21 hours of He Who Shall Not Be Named's greatest moments. I thought to myself "Cool. Perhaps I can catch some old Packer games that I haven't seen in awhile." So I check the guide, and the old standards are all there: 1) The Cincinnati game in '92, when Majik got hurt and never came back (I actually have been watching like 10 minutes of this game a week since the LAST time he retired and they did this marathon thing. I'm somewhere in the 2nd quarter.) 2) The '95 title game against the Cowboys, that they keep showing for some reason, and which I refuse to watch because they fucking lost. How can it be one of His best performances if we lost? 3) The Pats Super Bowl. I'm not sure I recall seeing the actual TV broadcast since it was on when I was 16, so I recorded this one. 4) The Raiders game after his dad died. This was like 5 years ago, no need to record. Then, SIX FUCKING HOURS OF JETS GAMES. Really? He plays 16 out of 18 years in one place, but you are going to go with 6 out of 21 hours for the one season that he played for a different team. One that didn't even end in the playoffs? I disagree with this decision. I would allow the Cardinal game where he threw 6 TD's to be considered amongst the best in his career, but that is it. There were probably 100 other games those unimaginative fucks could have put on.

No comments: