Monday, February 2, 2009

Bracket Busters Overview


So the pairings for this year's Bracket Busters have just been released. CU will host George Mason who has a fairly similar record, and is also third place in their conference. I am slightly disappointed that we didn't get to see a UW-Green Bay-CU matchup. UWGB is 15-6 overall, and 9-2 in the Horizon League. I would think it would be a pretty even matchup. Instead, they are shipping to Green Bay to Long Beach to take on the 11-9 "Dirtbags".
I guess it doesn't really matter all that much, since neither team is probably getting an at-large bid anyway, but it would have been kind of fun to see. I guess I should probably be glad CU doesn't have to play UWGB since the Phoenix is handling #6 Butler 55-45 with 8 minutes left as I write this.
By the way, the Horizon League has it right when it comes to broadcasting their sports. Instead of having a fascist and archaic pay per view system like CU has (which is something like $79.99 a year). The Horizon League broadcasts almost all of their games online for FREE. It would be pretty tits if I watched alot of GB games. I sort of don't have room to root strongly for three NCAA teams, and right now UW and CU hold those spots. Plus, I don't really want to be bandwagon and start rooting hard for UWGB just because they are sort of good this year. That would be lame.

No comments: