Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pass the Popsicles

One quick thing before I begin. I am blatantly stealing the popsicle thing from Bill Simmons, although I only used it because I didn't want to use the word dick in the title to a post. So from here on out, I'm stealing a quote from "Pulp Fiction" which is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Can we all agree that fans of Marquette maybe shouldn't start sucking eachother's dicks yet? I have to go ahead and admit that I have found a way to dislike Marquette as I have matured as a human being, and realized that rooting for UW and Marquette is like rooting for the North and the South in the civil war. I've long since picked my side, so I'm sure people are going to accuse me of hating on Marquette just for the sake of doing so. Fuck those people. Marquette can't really claim to be a "national title contender" at this point. Their schedule doesn't justify it. I think Marquette is good. And they are fairly entertaining to watch. But before we start sucking eachother's dicks, lets look at facts. The Good: 20-4 overall and 9-2 in a brutal Big East. The Bad: who have they played and beaten, really? There best wins are arguably not all that great, and almost entirely at home. The only wins over teams that will probably get into the tournament are: at home against Wisconsin, Villanova, West Virginia and MAYBE Georgetown. They have also lost a neutral court game against Dayton, at Tennesee, at Villanova and a horrible loss at South Florida. Do any of those "big" wins overly impress you? I'm not on that shit until they play thier brutal stretch February 25th thru March 7th: UConn, at Louisville, at Pitt, Syracuse. If they can get 3 out of 4, and win the Big East, THEN we can commence the oral pleasuring. Until then, please fucking relax.

I also think we need to wait until about December before we start believing a certain former Green Bay Packers QB is actually retired, and is not out to ruin my life. So lets not start sucking eachother's dicks over that yet either.

IN NOT ORAL SATISFACTION NEWS:

Nice wins for UW and CU. Both are trying thier damndest to play thier way into the Dance. According to some cursory Internets research that I'm too lazy to re-find and link to, UW is in on alot of fake brackets, and most are considering CU as an at-large (one even had them as the first team out). Stay tuned.

No comments: