Monday, February 9, 2009

Grammy Review

Yes, I watched the Grammy Awards last night. It is really the only awards show that I can somewhat tolerate. Plus, now that football is over, there isn't shit on TV on Sunday nights. Overall, the show was fine. There were some pretty cool performances (mostly by Carrie Underwood's legs and Katy Perry's outfit). The biggest issue I had was that Robert Plant's corpse and someone named Allison Krause kept winning every award. I realize that the Grammy's aren't an award for music being popular (although typically it is), and I realize I don't have to like every song that wins and award. But I can usually find some artistic value in the music, even if I wouldn't buy it (or if I was Bear, illegally download it). I figured the Plant/Krause song would be fine. Then I heard it performed. It was fucking terrible. Who votes for this shit?

BASKETBALL THINGS:

Large wins by CU and UW yesterday. By my calculations, UW needs to finish 5-2 and win a game or two in the Big Ten tourney. With their schedule, it is possible. They seem to be playing a bit better as of late. CU loses to a winless team at home a month ago, then goes on the road and beats the team with a three game lead in the conference. I doubt they catch UNI, but if they win out in the regular season, they put themselves into at-large consideration.

No comments: