Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday!

So today there is finally football on again. And if that is wrong, I don't wanna be right. The pregame shows begin in like 30 minutes, and will repeat everything they've talked about for the past two weeks. My wife has to work today, so I will be firmly planted in front of my TV watching it, since there isn't anything else on. Creighton made the questionable decision to schedule at game at 2 p.m., so I will check that out. Otherwise, it is nothing but blowing hot air about a football game, and the discussion about how the economy is destroying the Super Bowl because the Playboy party got cancelled. This year is the first year that I can remember that I haven't had some kind of plan for today. Inevitably my wife will get a bug up her ass that we need to have a party like the day before, and she ends up inviting a bunch of people over, but she has to work this year, and if you think I'm putting that shit together, you are crazy. Her work schedule even takes away the possibility of going over to a relatives' house. In fact, I only have like 2 beers in the refrigerator. I will probably have to muster up at least enough energy to get to Shopko Express to buy some beer. But there won't be any special meals or snacks going on, which will be wierd. Anyway, I think the Steelers win, I think they force Warner into some bad throws, and shut down Arizona's not so vaunted run offense. Big Ben will do just enough on offense, and the Steelers win 27-17.
Last week: 2-0
Playoffs: 6-4
Season: 134-125-7

OTHER:

Is it safe to panic about the Badgers yet? Not that winning at Northwestern is ever a given (noplace in the Big 10 is), but they have to win somewhere at some point. How many teams have ever lost six in a row and got an at-large bid? I'm going to guess the list isn't real long. They've got to go 7-2 the rest of the way in my calculation, and win at least one in the Big Ten tourney. I came to the realization last night that I hate almost every member of the Badgers:

-7th year senior Marcus Landry has been one of the most disappointing recruits in recent memory. He was supposed to be the next Alando Tucker. He turned into the next Ray Nixon.

-9th year junior Travon Hughes. Shows flashes, but also does some really stupid things (i.e. taking 25 foot jump shots with 13 seconds left on the shot clock).

-Jason Bohanon: reminds me more and more of Tanner Bronson every day. If you are 5'9", you better be able to shoot the three better than 35.5%.

-Krabbenhoft: actually don't hate him. He is what he is, but when he is probably your best player, you are in trouble.

-Nankivil, Leuer, Taylor, Wilson: should all get more playing time in my opinion.

I am done making excuses for the tough schedule, and large number of "good" losses. You can't rely on moral victories at some point.

No comments: