Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Thoughts

FUCK FUCK FUCK


Ok, I got that outta my system. What a roller coaster ride that was for me. I needed the Steelers (-7) and over 47. Most of the game I'm rooting for either team to score but it was a bad omen on the opening drive. A TD on the first drive by the Steelers would be absolutely perfect. But they get stuffed at the goal line and Tomlin's too much of a pussy to go for it on the 1 inch line. Then up 17-7 near the goal line they run a fucking QB draw with Roethlisberger? What the fuck kind of play call was that?


Anyways, most of the game I was feeling pretty good about the -7 but not about the over 47. The Harrison pick for a TD was absolutely perfect for me. It put the Steelers up 10 and it put the game on pace for 48 points.


With about 6 minutes remaining I knew it was almost impossible for me to get both. The only chance I had was a pick for a TD on the last Cardinal drive. Didn't happen. I got the over 47 but not the -7.


FUCK FUCK FUCK...... How can people bet on sports for a living? I was exhausted after the Federer/Nadal match and I didn't even bet on it.


Santonio Holmes was almost a huge goat as that first ball in the end zone went right through his hands. Great catch on the next play. I liked his LeBronesque celebration.


Did anyone see John Elway before the game? Time has not been nice to him. Those deep creases on his face were ghastly.


Wow does Josh Reed look like a tool.


My g/f forced me to watch the halftime show. There's 20 minutes I'll never get back.


There's something weird to me about the punter (Mitch Berger) running out onto the field trying to pump the crowd up at the beginning of the game. I mean, he's actually on the team so he has much more right to do that than any fan, but still weird.


Hines Ward is the toughest human being alive. If you don't believe me, ask John Madden.


Did anyone else loose high def at the beginning of the game. My HD suddenly went to normal (loser, poor person) TV. I was pissed. But it came back a couple plays into the game.


My favorite commercials were the Doritos commercials and the Bud commercials.


I was watching the ESPN post game coverage and I was wondering how Cris Carter did not make it into the Hall of Fame. I hate the Vikings. Always have. But he's 3rd in career receptions and has arguably the greatest hands of all time. I just think he should be in.


I hope Kurt Warner does the right thing and blames (the Sports Bottle's) god for the loss b/c we know Warner'd be singing his/her praises if they won.


God's blessings to all.

No comments: