Sunday, June 14, 2009

Nashville Is Nice This Time Of Year

My brother has demanded that I write a Manny Parra post. So I will sort of. It is about time something has been done, and I'm glad it was done. I continue to be impressed with the attitude management has with non-performance. I can't help but think that Ken Macha has alot to do with this, because obviously the attitude is alot different that when Neddy was managing. I'm convinced Manny would have been given another chance or three to "pitch out of it" under Neddy. I'm curious what is going to happen with the rotation. I guess there are enough off days built in for the next few weeks that we don't need that fifth starter. I would presume McClung will be stuck in there, although I think one or two of the randoms just called up are starters too. I think Manny has the tools to be a really good pitcher, but think his head is fucked up. Hopefully this will fix it because we need a decent lefty starter.

I watched Manny's destruction from the emergency room yesterday. I had been experiencing slurred speech of the non-alcohol variety for about a week, and finally it got so bad that my wife couldn't understand me, and co-workers were giving me strange looks. A call to urgent care told us to get our asses to the hospital. According to the doomsday website that is WebMD, I was certainly on death's door. Having either a stroke or a brain tumor. Luckily is wasn't either one, it was some kind of random malady that should go away with time. The nerves in my face are inflamed, which gives some symptoms of a stroke, but should work itself out. No known cause or cure for this shit, so I have to continue to sound like a moron.

In other news, I am now one of those dickheads with a Blackberry. All in all it is pretty goddamn cool. It isn't quite an iPhone, but as I stated, I'll be damned if I'm paying for less than optimal performance due to lack of a 3G AT&T network in GB, so I'll make due. I'm pretty excited to sit at my wife's grandparents anniversary party and check the Brewer game constantly. Fully expect to see a photo of my dick show up in your inbox.

No comments: