Friday, June 12, 2009

Choke Job

No, I'm not referring to how Bear and Loaf Cobra like to "get down". I'm actually referring to the Orlando Magic in Game 4 last night. Pretty great game if you like turnovers, missed free throws and shitty play, but it was close at least. And really, Orlando should have won that game, and should be up 3-1 right now. I'm going to pretend I care, and get all lathered up.

-How the fuck can you be in the NBA, and miss two straight free throws? When you are a choker. Howard missed two with 11 seconds left. Hedo missed at least two straight in the last minute, despite being an 80% FT shooter in the regular season. It is tough to shoot free throws with two hands around your neck.

-How the fuck does Stan Van Gundy ignore mountains of statistical evidence that says to HAVE to foul a team down by three in the closing seconds, to not allow them to even shoot the three. Not only that, but how do you not foul, and also decide not to guard them when the shoot the three? That was unfuckingbeleivable. I would be bitter if I was a fan of the Magic. No wonder he got shit canned from Wisconsin.

The series is now O-V-E-R. I refuse to waste time watching game 5. I might watch a 6 if it happens.

I actually set my DVR to watch Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals tonight. This is a personal first for me. I've got a shitload going on this weekend, and a shitload of yard work to do, so I have to do it tonight. The strange thing is that me, SportsBottle and the random dude that lives in my neighborhood who wears nothing but random hockey jerseys all year long, will be the only one's watching, so there is almost no danger of me starting the game on a two hour delay. My wife is NOT going to be happy about it. She'll get over it.

BREW CREW HANGOVER

Three straight to the Rockies? Really? There is no chance of them not getting destroyed by the White Sox this weekend. The AL is like 67-3 against the NL in interleague this year. Good news is that I just picked up Scott "I got robbed by Dontrelle Willis because he was an African-American pitcher for Rookie of the Year in 2003, and then realized I was 31 years old, and then died" Podsednik on one of my fantasy teams.

4 comments:

Bear said...

"How the fuck does Stan Van Gundy ignore mountains of statistical evidence that says to HAVE to foul a team down by three in the closing seconds, to not allow them to even shoot the three."

I guess you forgot to read the opening part of your rant where you said the Magic couldn't hit any free throws, you kinda need to do that for the fouling strategy to work.

The Sports Bottle said...

I will also be setting the DVR for game 7 tonight. This is also a first for me.

Juicelaw said...

The point is you foul with like 4 seconds left, making it more difficult to score. But touche.

Seymour said...

I totally forgot the Master Of Panic coached Pre-Dick Bennett... the game yesterday snapped my streak of like 15 straight victories while I was there... But Juice, Dad and I got very, very drunk