Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Brewers lose this Saturday

So I've had this young man on my fantasy squads, patiently waiting for him to be brought up to the majors so that he may dominate some face, his name is Tommy Hanson, long forgotten 4th brother of a well known teeny bop group from the 90's.

Hanson's been brought up and his first start is scheduled to be this Saturday against the Brewers. Now I know Hanson's a decent pitcher and he should be good from the get go, but that's not why I'm concerned. I'm concerned because apparently teams are figuring out a disturbing recurring pattern from the last 3 years or so. We can't fucking touch a newly called up rookie pitcher on his first start. It's impossible, we're gonna lose on Saturday 3-1. Guaranteed.

There is evidence to the contrary of my opinion but I'm pretty sure my wild claims and random opinions are much more solid indicators of these types of things than actual stats.

1 comment:

Juicelaw said...

You make an excellent point. I'm going with this line from Hanson: 6IP, 2H, 0ER, 1BB, 8K.

Is he really a Hanson brother? I'm assuming not, but I guess he could be. He could also be related to the Hanson brothers from "Slapshot".