Friday, June 26, 2009

Draft Review

I liked the Bucks pick of Brandon Jennings. He may end up terrible. But so will 90% of the other picks in the draft. I like him better than Jrue Holliday. Holliday didn't do anything for me at UCLA, so I think I'll take the guy who was a little unknown, but who played pro ball for a year already. I did wish they would've taken Patty Mills or Chase Buddinger with the second pick instead of Jodie Meeks. I know Meeks can score, but he didn't strike me as being special. Buddinger didn't either but he is a white American, and could've helped them replace Villanueva. My guess would be now that they will resign CV and let Sessions go. Barring any other trades in the works.

On a side note, I think the T-Wolves drafted another point guard overnight. What an odd draft for them, even though they didn't really draft Lawson. Were they trying to trade either Rubio or Flynn and it didn't work out? Now they have the two best point guards in the draft, and neither can probably play shooting guard. I guess I don't really get it, even though I like both guys.

LOOKING TO THE FUTURE

The draft made me pop in NBA 2k9 last night. I find it much more enjoyable to simulate and tinker around with rosters than actually playing games, which is odd for me because I usually like the opposite. Anyway, I signed LeBron as a free agent in 2016, at age 31 and coming off of FIVE straight MVPs (5yr, 96.8 mil). You may all go back to your lives now.

2 comments:

Bear said...

They did it because Rubio hates them and is going to stay in Spain to spite the T-Pups

Seymour said...

that has always been the strength of the 2k9 games, I have a couple of friends who spend like 3 hours simming seasons and tading just to play one game with stacked teams against each other...
ps I survived Summerfest and the Brewers game... Rancid and Rise Against ruled