Monday, June 1, 2009

It's about time

Being a Brewers fan and being exposed to the Dome while being swept last week really put me into a funk. I don't know what the hell it is about the big inflatable toilet, but we just can't play good baseball there. Left with the prospect of being unable to attain my revenge because of a mid-week Brewers-Twins series at Miller Park, I was put into a mild sports depression.

Then we swept the Reds and Brandon Phillips talked shit. I'm better now.

Took this excerpt from a JSOnline post about All-Star voting. "One lucky fan will win a night in Ryan Braun’s suite at Miller Park, complete with meet and greet with Braun before the game. Full details are available on the website." What are the chances that this "lucky fan" is some random hottie that Braun plows through before the game? I'd say it's at roughly 97%.

So Donald Driver wants a new contract? Even though he's 34, the clear #2 WR on the team and makes 6.5 and 7 million dollars over the next two years? What? Did Javon Walker get really bored last week and mail Donald over some of his Kool-Aid? Here's a tip, don't take the same career steps as Javon "I was found bludgeoned in a Las Vegas hallway" Walker. Here's the ESPN article about it. I like how they conveniently mis-reported how much he's making over the next two years. Way to really dig into the story Bristol. Even after undercutting his salary by 3 million dollars a year they still make it sound like he's insane for demanding a new contract.

I'd probably have a lot more to say, especially about the Brewers, if I could actually watch some of their damn games, Bob paints a beautiful picture over the radio, but I sometimes lose 2-3 innings due to ramblings about the Hoover Dam and what not...

3 comments:

Juicelaw said...

Is there an echo in here?

At least it broke up my streak of like 40 straight posts. DiMaggio's 56 is safe (for now).

Ueck is losing it.

Bear said...

about the driver thing? I just wanted to re-iterate how ridiculous a situation it was and how stupid ESPN is

Bear said...

Ah ha! Found your post from May 1st, either I had it stored away in the deep crevices of my brain or great minds think alike