Sunday, June 28, 2009

2009 OJSFA Draft

The world's longest fantasy draft is set to begin tomorrow with me, your defending fucking champion, trying to figure out who of my 6 or 7 potential keepers, I am going to hang onto. I am on the clock tomorrow. Jesus, it is getting earlier and earlier every year. We are entering year four of what I think is the greatest league in organized sports, and it will rival the NFL as soon as we get that multi-billion dollar TV contract. Big changes could be in store as we continue to tweak things to make them better and as Yahoo continues to add cool features. We're looking at the possibility of divisional play, and a more robust waiver/free agent system, depending on the outcome of our democratic draft. No word yet on whether I am going to turn in to the Ayatollah and rig the results (the 1st amendment rules). No point to this other than to say that I'm sitting on my patio with my recently purchased fantasy football magazine figuring this shit out and getting my research out of the way. Being a champion is a full time job.

BREW CREW HANGOVER

Holy shit was that a fucking fantastic 6th through 9th inning last night. Homers. Comebacks. Game Saving Catches. Two blown saves from very good closers. Clutch hitting. Hitting Fuck Ups. The first 5 innings were terrible, terrible baseball. These are the kind of games that give me hopes for the Crew, and makes you appreciate how good Braun and Fielder are. Also, I'm starting to fall in love with Mitch Stetter. Can we get him in for more than one hitter? Macha got goddamn lucky we came back after letting Coffey hit with two on and one out in a tie game, only to be pulled after one hitter.

No comments: