Friday, October 24, 2008

Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah

Last Wk: 4-10!!!!!!
Season: 43-57-2
 
TB (+2), Was (-7.5), Buf (-1), NE (-7), SD (-3), KC (+13), Atl (+9), Car (-4), Bal (-7.5), Hou (-9.5), Jax (-7), NYG (+3), SF (-5), Ten (-4).
 
By the way, for everyone's (like 2 people) information, I took the week off from picks (mostly because it is getting embarrassing considering I watch between 6 and 9 hours of NFL every Sunday, and can only pick 4 out of 14 games correctly), and have decided to bring a Clydesdale into my office to make the picks.  The way it went was that I would read off the lines, and if the horse either took a shit, or got a boner, I would write down the corresponding pick.  By the way, his name is Mr. Dingle.  And he's beautiful.  And I feed him beef-o-rino.
 
My bitching today takes us to the lovely city of St. Petersberg, FL.  There was a little thing called Game 2 of the World Series taking place there last night.  Fine game, blah, blah, but what I really want to get to is the fans in Tampa.  It's great that they are excited for their team (now that they realize that there is a baseball team there), and they ring all of their cowbells and shave their pubes into Mohawks, and color their hair blue and whatever.  All good stuff.  What I found to be ridiculous last night was when there was one out in the top of the 8th, and the Rays led 4-1, the crowd was singing "Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Nah, Hey, Hey, Hey, Goooood Byyyyyyyye!"  Are you people fucking serious?  Did I miss some kind of inside joke here, like there is some kind of reason they were singing it with Victorino at bat?  Of course Eric fucking Bruntlett promptly stepped up as a pinch hitter and hammered a David Price fastball over the left field wall.  Philly didn't come all the way back but 1) why take the chance of tempting fate like that?  2) do they not realize baseball is 9 innings?  and 3) I'm positive I've never heard that chant anywhere but a high school or college basketball game.  I thoroughly look forward to hearing the following chants in Game 6 (if necessary)
 
1) Over-rated!! (clap, clap, clap, clap, clap)
2) Buuuullllll Shiiiiiiiit! (after a bad strike 3 call)
3) I'm blind, I'm deaf, I want to be a ref!
4)Deeee-Fence!, Deeeee-Fence!
5) Push 'em back, Push 'em back, waaaaay back!
6) Ohhhhhhhh! You! You! You! (after an opposing player gets caught stealing)
 
I'm sure there are plenty I'm missing.

No comments: