Friday, October 24, 2008

Jeeez. I think Sal and I could be friends

A few nuggets from ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on some radio station in Atlanta.  (Slightly redacted for the purposes of this blog)
 
1)"Do I think what he did was wrong?  Yes"
 
2)"[He Who Shall Not Be Named] has to be smarter than that, and he was never terribly smart,"
 
3)"He feels like he can just lie. . . . You can't lie, because (a) you're [He Who Shall Not Be Named]and (b) we're gonna catch you on it.  So you're lying.  That's the biggest problem I have with this whole thing."
 
4)But what of the fact that the Lions still were blown out?

"So you weren't very much help, and you aren't very much help to the Jets," Paolantonio said.  "So go home."

He might be my new favorite sports writer.

2 comments:

The Sports Bottle said...

awesome

Ricky said...

Considering that Sal has always not liked Favre this is not surprising. Sal wrote in his book that Favre is one of the most overrated QB's of all time. I dont agree with Favre's bullshit anymore, but I dont give any creedance to anything Sal Pal says about Brett. Sal is an afterthought anymore in the sports journalism world.