Monday, June 30, 2008

Woodworking 101 and yard games


I spent the majority of last weeks evening hours constructing a set "bean bag" or "cornhole" game boards. My sweat and labor will result in many a great nights drinking and playing yard games. Bean bags might single handedly be the best yard drinking game, even though I do enjoy a good game of bocce ball too. Bocce requires walking around the entire yard and throwing heavier objects. Bean bags only requires you to move several feet and to throw a light piece of fabric.
2 - the number of text messages/voicemails sent to DJ during the Brewers-Twins series.
1 - the number of text messages/voicemails that were incoherent
14- the number of beers consumed between 7 p.m. and 12 a.m. on Saturday
0 - the number of beers I wished I had consumed when I got up at 6:00 a.m. on Sunday to go fishing
3 - the number of hits allowed by Cy Young candidate Kevin Slowey.
and lastly...
2 out of 3 bitches.

2 comments:

Juicelaw said...

I'll have to go with either that game with the game where you toss the two golf balls connected by rope over the ladder thing made out of pvc pipe or JARTS (the metal ones so the risk of death is higher)

gotwinkies said...

I guess it wouldn't be fair if we didn't mention croquet. Nothing is more fun than talking shit and sending someone elses ball into the drainage ditch or some other hazard that is part of your yard.