Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rubber Match Bitches

Fuck, I feel like I've been gone for a month. Alot to catch up on.

-Vacation was pretty successful. It is one giant tourist trap though. The prices of everything in Door County are jacked up about 20%. But it was relaxing, good weather, nice scenery, good food, etc. FIB count ended up at 13. If you hear about a few washing up on the shore of Green Bay with a Benz hood ornament up their asses, you know who to call.

-NBA Draft: I didn't hate the Joe Alexander pick, the Bucks can always use another white guy. Not your average white guy in that he seems to have some quicks. Although it seemed a bit like he didn't start playing until March. I had really never heard his name until the tournament. Whatever. LOVED what the T-Wolves did by trading for the even bigger/slower K-Love. He is going to move in with Kevin McHale and they are going to make tall/slow/white children together. (Twisting knife). However, I absolutely HATED what the Bucks did after the draft. They traded Bobby Simmons and Yi for Richard Jefferson. Look, Bobby Simmons sucks dick, and basically his contract was a throw in here. But the Bucks gave up on a top 10 pick after one year, and on the millions they stood to gain from China. Jefferson is a pretty good player, but not someone that jumps out as being great. And he's another jumpshooter going to a team full of jumpshooters. I just don't like the deal at all. Maybe Yi sucks and it will work out, I'm not an NBA expert. In fact, I don't even really like the NBA, so I don't know why I'm even stressing about it.

-Border War III. It is awkward going on vacation during this series. I didn't really have cell service, and I shut my phone off more than normal. Both days I had multiple text messages and voice mails both nights so far. I did manage to watch most of the first game (fucking Mota) and the beginning and end last night (have you heard of Parra now fuckface?). Sheets will win today.

-I got official word today that I have four tickets to the November 30th Green Bay Packer v. Carolina Panther game via the lottery. Let the games begin to see who earns the right to come with me and the wife.

No comments: