Wednesday, June 4, 2008

JSOnline Reporters, when the internet goes wrong

Ok, I'm gonna start this up as a weekly, possibly daily item judging from how idiotic the Terrible Twosome really can be. I'm not sure what their nickname should be yet, though with tom, tony, terrible twosome, lots of T's, something good can go with that, but I'm at work and I don't want to waste too much time on this post.

Here is today's excerpt from Anthony Witrado's mailbag.

" Q: Joshua Thompson of Sacramento, CA - THIS IS NOT BEGGING THE QUESTION: "With many fans calling for the Brewers to fire Ned Yost, it BEGS THE QUESTION: Does making a managerial change during the season make a difference? Recent history suggests yes ... and no." This is the second time I've emailed regarding your improper use of the phrase. Well, Tom was first, I don't know who wrote this bit, but this is not begging the question. "Begging the question," is a logical fallacy where the fundamental premise is itself disputed. Please, I love reading about the Crew out here in Cali, but this is so amateurish. What you mean to write is, "raises the question." Aren't you English majors? I apologize for my tone, but please ... please...

A: Anthony Witrado - I'm not an English major. I'm not Tom. I never wrote that phrase. Isn't your ladder waiting for you to get on the horse? (couldn't resist) "

The content of the question notwithstanding, if you were a sportswriter, why the fuck would you ever bother responding to something like this? "Dur just so you guys know I'm not an english major so it's ok for me to fuck up grammatically for the newspaper of the 22nd largest city in America". You are a god damn news reporter man, so if someone calls you out on shit like this, it's probably best to just file it away for future use and leave it at that. No no, not Mr. Witrado, he has to publish it to the world that this guy dare mock his grammatical ability, so he uses his mailbag to talk shit to the guy. If I was his editor I would have rained down on his ass harder than Pacman raining on ho's in seedy Vegas stripclubs and bars(coming soon to a Dallas club near you, only the third time in my life I've been willing to admit the existance of God).


So the hijinx of the Terrible Twosome will be covered by me in regularly alloted items. I've been meaning to do this for some time, so on slow days or on days where these two might have the common sense to shut the fuck up for a whole 24 hours, I'll probably be trolling for old stuff to call their janky asses out on.

No comments: