Friday, June 20, 2008

One Bastard's Illegitimate Thoughts

- Big rumor this week in GB is the Pack trying to trade for Jason Taylor. I would be surprised to see Thompson give up any kind of draft pick in a trade. He hoards draft picks like they are the only known cure for zombie bites, and he knows something that I don't. That being said, when you have the opportunity to add someone of his caliber (even though he is on the downside of his career), and it is going to improve your team right now, then you probably need to do it. I would consider even a second round pick. This is totally a move one makes in Madden, when you have a guy that starts, and his backup that are ranked like 84 each(KGB or Jenkins), but you can add a guy in free agency that is ranked 90, you do it whether you really need to or not because it makes your whole team better. In this case, I would make goddamn fucking sure he played at least two years though. Maybe a new contract with a really low base salary, but a huge roster bonus next year?

- Neddy very nearly fucked that one up. I can't really argue with removing Bush. And probably nearly everything else he did. But why put a sub par pitcher in after a sub par guy fucked up right before? Either way, Torres arm better be as rubber as everyone says, cuz Yosty is going to be running him out there for 3 innings a game pretty soon because he is trying desperately to keep his job. 39-33 is not too fucking bad really. I just don't like Yost.

-What was the Blue Jays outfielder doing on that fake in the park homer by Prince?

-I would probably let Russell the Muscle watch when I jerk off Ryan Braun. He is that good right now. Wait, was that gay?

-I won $60 playing poker last night.

No comments: