Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Complaining About a Fake Team

I had a ridiculous thing happen to me in fantasy baseball last night that I think warrants wasting space on the Internet, to match the waste I caused in my brother's brain as I bitched about when it happened last night.



It seems that the Seattle Mariners played the New York Mets in an interleague game last night. Normally, I could give a fuck less. Also typically, I don't even check to see what individual players do for me in fantasy baseball because they play about 400 games and the stats are added up every day for a week. Also there are a shitload of players on the team. I just usually change my lineup semi-daily, and look at the overall score. I'll give a "huh" when they show a score on SportsCenter and I see that Jacoby Ellsbury went 4-5, 2 2B, 3 SB or some shit. ANYWAYS (sorry, Chuck), like I said, the Mets played the Mariners last night, and I had that shitty situation where I had two starting pitchers matching up. King Felix Hernandez was going against Johan Santana. So apparently, King Felix comes up to bat in the 2nd with the bases loaded against Johan. King Felix was 1-8 with 6K's in his career, and Johan is quite possibly a hall of fame pitcher. Naturally, King Felix hits a fucking granny, which by the way was the first one by an AL pitcher in 37 fucking years. Normally, a fantasy player on my team hitting a granny is super-fantastic. However, hitting stats for pitchers don't count (which I suppose makes sense because the average pitcher hits like .175, and would change the relative values of AL pitchers). But it counts against your pitcher when he fucks up. SO, I got doubly fucked because my granny didn't count for me, but it did count against me.

End of Rant

No comments: