Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Yost Infection

I'm just going to go ahead and quote a large portion of Bear's buddy Tom Hardicourt's notes article from yesterday on JS Online because it will save time (then I'm going to put my comments in italics):

"Over his last seven games, Mota has a 10.28 earned run average, allowing 10 hits, two walks and eight runs in 7 1/3 innings. He also has been getting tagged by left-handed hitters (.366 average), yet Yost let him face Todd Helton, who crushed an RBI double off the center-field wall. (That's not very good)

The reliever Yost removed from the game in favor of Mota, Carlos Villanueva, is holding left-handed hitters to a .216 batting average this season. (Solid. But I could find a stat showing T-blow is great in some small meaningless stat to prove my point)

"I think (Mota's splits) are the product of a couple of bad games, more than anything else," Yost said. "It's not a trend, I would say. (OK. I guess that could happen. 7 games is sort of a large sample size, but I'm listening.)

"He had one bad outing, to be honest with you, here lately. I don't think his trend line is going down because he had a bad outing (Friday)." (OK. Well, I know that my memory isn't the greatest, but I swear I remember him blowing a game or two fairly recently.)

Actually, Mota has had more than one bad outing. He blew a save opportunity against Los Angeles on May 14 by allowing three runs in the ninth inning. And he lost a game May 25 in Washington in the ninth when he allowed a walk, single and wild pitch that sent home the winning run. (ZING! I don' think Hardicourt is getting invited to the team orgy tonight. And that is alot more than one bad outing Yost, you dick).

Of the game in Washington, Yost said, "That wasn't a bad outing. He came in after going two innings the day before and had a very clean first inning, then walked a guy on a 3-2 pitch, gave up a base hit, which made it first and third, and then wild-pitched him home.

"That's not a bad outing. He lost. It would be nice if we could get our facts straight.

"I've got no problem with what happened (Friday) night. Mota didn't walk the ballpark. And we didn't throw the ball around. He got beat. It happens."" (Walk. Hit. Wild-pitch. Game Over. That is a fucking bad outing. And then he has to try to intimidate Hardicourt with the "It would be nice if we could get our facts straight." Yeah Neddy. Maybe you should get your fucking facts straight asshole. It's like he is watching or managing a completely different sport than the one that has been played for over 100 years, and he has his own definitions of what is a "bad outing". So, So, frustrating. Isn't this just like GW declaring victory in Iraq 5 years ago, and then saying he would do everything the same way if he could do it over?)

First of all, I need to give Hardicourt some credit. He wrote the article exactly like I would. He is clearly not defending Yost's Yostiness.

Secondly, Yost is still an idiot and an asshole.

No comments: