Thursday, January 22, 2009

T.V. Bukkake

I'm not going to sit here and lie to you and pretend like I didin't skip watching the Badgers lose last night. I'm not proud of it, but there are certain occasions where you have to miss out on one of the 70-ish collegiate basketball games that my preferred teams play a year, in order to spend other quality time with your television. Last night was one of those nights. True, I had to suffer through American Idol. But there is always something pretty funny that happened, like last night when the really hot formerly signed singer chick told her "story" about how she moved out to L.A. by herself at age 16 to pursue a singing career, which was promptly followed by me making 30 straight minutes of adult entertainment jokes, and me saying "not in my eye" a whole bunch of times, which is great.

But after American Idol was the two hour season premier of the best show on television (at least in the top 3) "Lost". Fucking love that shit. I am convinced that when the entire series is done, I still won't know anything. This is Season 5, and I have no fucking clue what anything that has happened in the last 4 years had to do with anything. But enough crazy shit happens to keep you coming back every week. Charles Widmore is an evil ass dude. (not as evil as Lance Armstrong). Tune in next week as a fucking dinosaur eats Hurley, and Ben reveals he is actually a llama.

I would also be remiss if I forgot to talk about "24". You know a show is going pretty well when an hour seems far too short to get a fix. I have no idea how that FBI chick is going to manage to escape being shot, thrown in a ditch, covered in plastic and buried alive. If it was Jack Bauer, I wouldn't bat an eyelash, but if this chica gets out, they may be laying the groundwork for a spinoff where she is the new Bauer. She has already done some highly illegal/reckless shit to either get information, or track down a lead. And in an age without CTU, the FBI considers what she has done "torture". Not that I think a show with her as the main character would be any good.

No comments: