Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Be Realistic

I have to say I'm surprised I wasn't inundated with text messages when UNC lost the other night. Usually I don't pay attention to my phone when they play until I see the game on my DVR due to the fact I'm usually working when they play. Juice and Schmock have ruined numerous outcomes for me.

Anyways, UNC is gonna lose 4 or 5 games this years. Anyone who really thought they'd go undefeated is retarded. The ACC is way too competitive and when you play a team with someone like Tyrese Rice (who's been at BC longer than Psycho T has been at UNC) anything can happen. The loss was no surprise to me.

I'm a little saddened by my Vikings losing. Seriously, how can anyone root for that team. I had to really force myself and it gave me a headache. But now I'm over it.

The winners of this weekends games will be the teams I'm betting on in Vegas next week. I'm going with Baltimore vs San Diego and Giants vs Carolina.

The 2009 golf season starts this week. I'm a huge golf fan and have been for a long time. I've been in a fantasy golf league out of a restaurant in Madison since about 1994. This is a league where you get a salary cap and then pick 12 guys per year. It starts in March sometime and goes to September. The very first year I did it they paid out the top 3 b/c there was maybe 50 or 60 people. Now they pay out the top 10% b/c there are almost 700 people. It makes golf a lot more fun to watch. Anyways, the first year I finished 4th. Then they paid the top 5 the following year and I finished, you guessed it, 6th. Last year was the first year I finished in the money. If anyone would be interested in this league let me know. It's only 20 bucks. The results are emailed every week.

Random thoughts -

I'm really not excited about the prospect of having Trevor Hoffman. I just don't think he'll make any difference.

I'm continually impressed with Luc Richard Mbah Moute. He's one of those pieces that helps make a good team, too bad the Bucks don't have the other pieces. Michael Redd is simply not the answer to any question for this teams success.

No comments: