Tuesday, January 6, 2009

...At Least the Vikings Lost

At least the Vikings lost. That is about the most I can say for Sunday. See, on Sunday, I had planned to park my fat ass in front of my large high definition and watch six hours of NFL playoff action. Instead, I found myself listening to the television broadcast from another room as I inhaled paint fumes for ten hours.

Yes, I have managed to find another thing to put on the list of things to do on a Sunday during the NFL season. The partial list is as follows: 1) watch football, 2) follow my fantasy team, 3) read about football, 4) write about football, 5) think about football, 791) go to church, 1,458) snowblow my driveway, 4,298) get kicked in the nuts, 7,810) Paint my fucking bathroom on wild-card Sunday.

We had an issue with mold in the bathroom, I think due to the shitty way the house was constructed. Something needed to be done, and we decided the safest thing would be to murder it with bleach, then prime it with some anti-mold shit, and then paint it. The wife was going to try to do this herself. About 2 hours into priming, she gave up an asked for help. If you've never painted a bathroom, it is a huge ass pain in the ass. There are about 7,000 corners and small ass crevices to go around, so you end up painting half of it with a brush. So that sucked. Then, when we get to the store to buy the paint, we forgot the paint samples that we spent a bunch of time staring at before finally deciding on a color, so we had to wing it. Of course, we get home and it isn't even close to what my wife wanted. So I have to go BACK to get another color. When I get THAT one home, she doesn't like that one either. If all of this wasn't enough, we did a fucking horrendous job, and it looks like total shit. My wife is already contacting professionals to fix it. And I wasted an entire wildcard weekend. Fuck. Me.

OTHER STUFF:

-Good riddance to everyone shitcanned by the Pack.
-Good riddance to UNC at #1 and their undefeated season.
-CU big over UNI tonight.
-I am going to attempt to post the results of the tournament before Thursday's fake championship game.
-The Fiesta Exhibition was a good, but meaningless game
-Utah got screwed

2 comments:

Bear said...

Painting isn't as easy as it seems, you need good brushes for all that shit, especially if it's a light color, which I'm sure it was if a female picked it out.

Also I'd have someone come in and retest for the whole mold thing, I don't know if it's always as easy as bleaching it and anti mold priming it and it's a pretty big health concern...

Bear said...

*sigh* You guys will believe anything