Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Shawne Merriman is a dipshit


I respect Shawne Merriman for ignoring the advice of like 43 doctors, and playing on his injured knee. He's the kind of guy you want on your team, because he is talented, tough, and does steroids.
But I guess he isn't very smart. I don't pretend to be a know-it-all when it comes to NFL rules. But it is my understanding, that if you get hurt playing football and get put on the injured list, the team has to pay you. So you make a bunch of money to get surgery and get better, so you can be healthy when you come back, and play better, and make even more money. Also, if he plays, and destroys his knee for good, the Chargers will cut him, and piss on his locker, and they won't hesitate to do it. He is a year or two away from free agency I think, and he could be completely screwing himself. If he seemed intelligent (which I didn't have an opinion on until I heard he was playing) I would say he probably has enough money to live on forever, so if he breaks his knee, big deal. But if he won't listen to 91 people with medical degrees, why would he listen to a financial advisor?

No comments: