Monday, August 4, 2008

Help Wanted



I am going to be quitting my job effective immediately and reporting to Packer training camp as there is apparently an "open competition" at QB. I assume that means for anyone.


Can we really trust anyone in this situation? I mean, this is getting more fucked up by the minute, as if that is even possible. I would not be surprised to learn that Favre and Ted Thompson are going to through a messy breakup of their illicit gay love affair and that is the cause of the tension. Or that Favre was indicted for molesting border collies. Nothing would shock me at this point. Favre might retire Tuesday. He may be traded (the Pack allegedly contacted the Queens on Friday). He may be forced to play with the fourth stringers. He may sign the personal service contract. Or there might be a legit competition. I won't believe anything until it happens. There has been more speculation that I've maybe ever seen.


The circus is officially coming to town. Yesterday, Favre's plane landed and you would have thought the president had arrived. A few dozen fans were screaming his name (and CRYING. Fucking get a life you fucking losers.), flash bulbs were popping, regular programming was interrupted. Also, Rodgers looked like shit (and was booed) at the scrimmage last night. This isn't going to end well. I don't see any way that the circus is going to end if Favre stays other than him being named the starter. Which if that is what McCarthy legitimately decides, I will get over myself and pretend this shit didn't happen. (I bet the makeup sex will be incredible.) And then I will brace myself for the same thing next year.


I guess we will have to wait until 8:15, when the world will shut down and McCarthy will hold a press conference where he will say some shit like "We will take it one day at a time". And we will be no closer to the end of this than now. Or he will rip his face off and reveal that he is a horse, and then the horse will rip its face off and reveal he is a broom. Nothing would surprise me.

3 comments:

Bear said...

Family guy quotes, but very fittingly used in this context

Bear said...

Well I shouldn't say they were "quotes" but that happened in an episode

Juicelaw said...

Yeah, I'm not really that creative. But I thought they were fitting. I pretty much plagarize (or borrow?) 90 to 99% of my shit.