Friday, August 8, 2008

"Experts" Predictions

This only tangentially has anything to do with the Favre situation.  So I hope that I am not severely punished, as it seems that anyone who has an opinion on anything needs to include at least 75% Favre. I'm no longer going to futilely compare the Packers to the Jets, because it is irrelevant and stupid.  
 
 Anyway, I have a question:  Did Aaron Rodgers suddenly become a worse quarterback than he was two months ago?  Did he suffer some type of injury?  Has he looked so terrible in practices against his teammates that he can't possibly quarterback effectively?  Did an important skill position player for the Packers go down with a season ending injury that I don't know about?  The reason I ask all these questions is that before all this Favre shit came up, the Packers were at least somewhat, the favorite to win the NFC North.  I say somewhat, because to be fair, there were a number of people that picked the Queens as well.  At the very least however, most looked at the Packers roster, and rightfully said that at the very least they are a strong wild card contender, and with the strength being their defense, should win around 10 games.  Fast forward to after the Favre situation, and not only are the Queens overwhelming favorites (despite not adding anyone in the last two months), but nobody seems to think the Packers have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.  Did I miss something?  The mere smell of Favre talking about coming back, apparently made everyone realize that he wasn't still the Packers starting QB.  Well, I'm going to call bullshit on this.  The Pack will be fine, they didn't get way worse than the Vikings overnight.  Not that Minnesota couldn't win the North, I just don't think they will.

No comments: