Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Great Neddiny Strikes Again

I just pulled up the "Gamecast" here at work for the Brewers/Fathers.  And what am I greeted with, but Laynce Nix batting third.  I don't really know if Nix sux (heh) or not.  He hasn't had a lot of MLB experience.  BUT, he does have a career .236 BA, and .677 OPS, which unless your name is Rickie Weeks, is fucking terrible.  I realize Nix is going to play occasionally, and that Braun is hurt, and Kapler's arthritis is probably acting up, so somebody had to play in left.  I'm not questioning that.  What is maddening to me is how Yost feels that he can't possibly switch the lineup around at all, regardless of who is playing.    If I somehow ended up on the Brewer roster, and I played left field, and I got a start, I would bat third, even if I had no arms and held a bat with my feet.  Why?  Because Ryan Braun bats 3rd and he plays in right field. He would rather concede a run or two a game by batting this guy third for no reason other than he's too lazy to think. It is the dumbest thing I've ever seen a manager do, and he does it all the time and it drives me fucking crazy.  It's like he had a bunch of copies of a lineup card made up, with 2B batting first, SS batting second, LF third, 1B fourth, RF fifth, 3B sixth, CF seventh, C eight and P ninth.  To be fair, he has made switches at times, but he has kept with those switches for long periods of time.  Like he made 40 copies of the new lineup each time.  I swear if the Crew makes the playoffs it will be in spite of Neddy.  I don't know what he's thinking ever really.  And any idiot could manage this team the way they are pitching right now.  Go Crew!

No comments: