Saturday, July 26, 2008

YOUR Oklahoma City....Energy?


Not a real big NBA fan, but I find it interesting when teams move and change thier names. I'm kind of a defunct franchise junky. So I see that OKC has applied for patents for six possible nicknames: Barons, Bison, Marshalls, Energy, Thunder and Wind. And according to the article they spelled "Marshalls" wrong. I guess it is only spelled with one "L". That makes my obvious vote for that one because I would love to see a team with an unintentionally mis-spelled nickname. If I wasn't a lazy piece of shit, I would head over to the local U.S. Patent office and put a patent on the correct spelling, then sell it to the NBA for like $20mil and retire to the Caribbean.


My second thought is that Energy and Wind are Liberace gay. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Milwaukee Bucks dance team is name is nicknamed the Energee! So that would be a weird dynamic. And what the fuck is a "wind"?


I am partial to Thunder because that was my high school's nickname. But oh how I would love to see Kevin Durant play as a member of the OKC "Marshalls".


AS AN ASIDE:


It is SO frustrating to watch the Crew leave 12 guys in scoring position every game. That was a game that should have been won last night. And yes, I am bitching about an 8 game winning streak being snapped...I feel like a fucking Yank or Sawx fan.


I predict Favre will be gone by the end of the night tonight. There is no way the Packers want that distraction. Whether he shows up to camp or not, it will be a distraction for the whole team if there is a possibility of him playing QB for the Packers. Because there will always be some group of dipshits that start chanting for Favre to come back every time the Packers punt.

1 comment:

Bmac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.