Friday, July 11, 2008

My eyes are bleeding




I am emailing myself this from work at about 3:20 CST, because I just heard the news and I am too upset to work anymore and I wanted to get this out while it is fresh in my mind. My first thought is that Favre is a fucking crybaby and should shut the fuck up. It basically sounds like he retired, then changed his mind, and sort of let it be known that he might want to come back, and because Thompson, McCarthy, the starting offensive line and Justin Timberlake didn't drive down to Mississippi in the Madden Cruiser to take turns getting on thier knees to beg him to come back all while deep throating his balls. Now he is asking to be released because he was so good for so long, and they owe him. Well fuck you you fucking asshole.


I guess he played for free all these fucking years. And I guess Tom, Dick, Harry, Mary Jane Rottencrotch and myself didn't spend our hard earned and pretty fucking small paychecks as often as possible to watch him play on Sunday. But you're right, you work so much fucking harder than us, and did so much more for the Green Bay fucking Packers (who have been around since fucking 1919 and won 11 fucking championships before he showed up by the way) than they did for him (even though he was quickly on his way to drinking his way out of the league when we traded for him in 1992). FUCK!


I would be remiss if I said Favre wasn't great, wasn't a Hall of Famer, wasn't possibly the best Packer ever to play, and didn't help bring us back from the shitter as a franchise. But he's just one guy. He doesn't play defense, he doesn't coach and he doesn't block. He had help. I would argue Wolf, Holmgren and White were just as if not more important to that title and his MVPs. The only thing you can't argue about was Favre's longevity which was ridiculous.


I am a GREEN BAY PACKER fan. I root for people who wear their uniform. Some (Favre) are better than others (Dilweg). Favre just happened to play QB for my favorite team for the majority of my life, and I had the good fortune to see him in person about 13 or 14 times and he had the good fortune to have a good team around him, stay healthy and be fucking good. But, let it be known, if he ends up playing for anyone else, ESPECIALLY Chicago, Minnesota or Detroit, I will fucking hate him more than any other player that has ever played. He makes Benedict Ryan Longwell look innocent. I will pray for him to be hit by a car. Just like I do weekly for Adrian Peterson and Rex Grossman (he does a pretty good job of sucking balls himself). One man is not above the team.


After saying all of that, the Packers response should be FUCK YOU. (UPDATE: Actually, it was lick the back of my nuts, but we will always love you.) Favre could not have possibly handled this any worse. He is now a white Chad Johnson, but you won't hear anyone say it. He is another guy in a long line of guys who ask for their releases or ask to be traded, and hopefully he is another one that gets rejected. This is NOT the Packers fault in any way. Favre fucking retired. He cried. Whether they rented him 12 Asian hookers to try to stop him from retiring, I dunno, but it isn't their decision to make. If he hadn't retired, we wouldn't be here today. I would be blissfully happy to have him under center, looking forward to a successful season, and dreading next offseason when he took four months to make up his mind again. Favre has every right to change his mind I suppose.


(UPDATE#2: HOLY FUCKING SHIT. IF THIS IS TRUE, DOUBLE EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT THINKING HE IS A FUCKING ASSHOLE. Check this shit: In late March during the NFL Owners Meeting, Favre informed the team he wanted to play again, multiple sources have told FOXSports.com. Not only did he insist he was returning, both head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson agreed that he still had something left and they would welcome him back. Despite the fact that those close to Favre have stated Thompson did not want Favre back, Thompson was the deciding factor in agreeing it was not too late to have him un-retire at that time and start for the Packers in 2008.
In fact, team brass went as far as chartering a jet to fly to Mississippi to make it official later that week. The agreement was that the NFL's all-time leading passer would return for the year but help make it easier and palatable for Rodgers, who would have to wait another season to take the helm.

The group was set for this huge move when Favre suddenly phoned the team two days before the meeting was to take place and informed McCarthy that he had changed his mind yet again and was staying retired. While team officials were stunned by Favre's reversal, they made the decision to move on and draft his replacement, a move that Favre at the time understood. The Packers selected two quarterbacks in April's draft, Louisville's Brian Brohm in the 2nd round and LSU's Matt Flynn in the 7th round. But if he decides to come back, it is not the organizations fault, it is Favre's. )


I think the biggest thing here is, the organization has moved on psychologically, and so have alot of fans. It isn't fair to anyone involved to think they should do fucking backflips when he feels like he might, possibly, eventually, think about coming back. Ted Thompson needs to do what is best for the team and right now (even though this is an assumption that everyone is making, and we have no idea what the truth really is) he feels like that is to treat Favre like any other player. He hasn't jumped when Favre said, and Favre is bitching like a whiny girl. Thompson feels like Favre isn't above the team, and at this point he may feel like things have progressed to far to go back. (AND THAT FUCKING PRICK CHANGED HIS MIND ONCE ALREADY. SEE ABOVE) The best real life example I have heard to compare this situation to is when a hot girlfriend dumps you, you grieve, you mourn, you get all fucked up, make out with a few randoms, but eventually you find someone you think you can be happy with and you settle down a bit, only to have that hot ex-girlfriend expect you to drop everything when she gets done fucking a bunch of dudes with 13 inch cocks and take her back. It's not fair. Of course the hot ex will then file some bullshit domestic violence charge against you to top it all off, and then try to hook up with your most hated rival in front of you.


I believe the Packers should make Favre continue to look like the idiot (except to all of the uneducated dipshits around here, who apparently weren't really Packer fans because they are going to follow #4 wherever he goes), and make him force the issue. When he demands to be put on the roster or released (which he hasn't done) they should cut their 5th string left guard and put him on the roster. Then they should try to work out a trade where it fits GB the best, and where he isn't going to show up in a game against GB. If they can't trade him, make him show up to training camp or be fined. Make him hold a fucking clipboard all season if you have to. Or better yet, make him inactive every week so there isn't a sideshow for the fans. And fucking pay him his salary every year. He has no leverage here whatsoever, just like any other player. I realize that roster spots are very valuable, but send him a message that he either sits and collects his money, or he plays where the Packers tell him to play. He signed the contract, he has to honor it. What he is doing is terrible and wrong, and is tearing Packer Nation apart at the seams. He doesn't give a shit about them, and he never did.


He is ruining my life and some of the greatest sports memories I have ever had. It is like turning 20 and finding out that your dad was cheating on your mom with a dude for your whole life. It will be a really long time before I get over this. If he goes to a rival, it will be years before I can remember him fondly.


UPDATE #3: It appears that most of my rant was jumping the gun, and the Pack agree with me. It really, really, pisses me off that he was all set to come back in March, then changed his mind, and changed it back. I really hope this shuts all of the Ted Thompson haters the fuck up. All of you can put on your Baltimore Ravens or Tampa Bay Buccaneer Favre jerseys, and give me your fucking Packer season tickets so I can enjoy the greatest franchise on planet earth.

3 comments:

gotwinkies said...

Aside from the weirdness seeing your favorite QB wearing #4 for a rival team (Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit) would it really be that bad? Fucking Al Harris would probably take back 4 or 5 to the house against him.

gotwinkies said...

Three more thoughts:

1) If there is a God, Favre will end up in Miami (man we suck).

2) I am humored of how much trouble Juice went through to make the picture of Favre holding Thompson hostage.

3) I can't imagine the pain you guys are feeling. If Marino had tried to come back with Buffalo, I would have hung myself. The only difference between this and Marino, is that Marino was running a 7.5 40 yard dash when he retired and had never won a fucking super bowl. Still my favorite though. Plus, Favre doesn't have an autistic kid.

Juicelaw said...

I can't take credit for that. I ganked off the internet. Google images is a wonderful thing.

That's not Teddy Thompson either.

I'm still a little bitter.