Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fish 'n Chips




So I'm sitting here watching the British Open or "The Open Championship" if you work for ABC/TNT/ESPN and are required to call it that and a few things came to mind. The British is usually my favorite major to watch because of the sheer ridiculousness of it. Playing in sideways rain, with 50 mph winds is really, really fun to watch. It is fun for me to watch the best players in the world shoot a random ten over par and then bitch and moan about it afterwards. For instance, today, I saw a ball that was sitting on the green get fucking blown off the green by the wind. This is random, but I think ABC put Tom Rinaldi out there because he looks the most British. Another insane thing was that the players had to wait 30 minutes between the 9th and 10th hole. It was like playing on a fucking muni course around here where you get stuck behind a Special Olympics golf outing. (That actually happened to me last Sunday. It took almost 3 hours to golf 9 holes.) There were 4 fucking groups waiting to tee off on 10. In a Major! Just so cool. Tomorrow I hope a gypsy runs out and steals Greg Norman's ball on 18 or K.J. Choi gets hit by a Volkswagon.

No comments: