Sunday, July 13, 2008

500th straight Favre Post


I would say in general, I hate people. Not all people. I don't hate educated people. By educated, I don't really mean college-educated. I hate plenty of college-educated people. I hate plenty of non-school educated as well. By educated, I think I mean, that you have the common sense to not be a total fucking waste of space.

There seem to be a group of people out there, infesting the state of Wisconsin, and wasting Internet bandwidth and the air I breathe. These fucking useless assholes are not only wrong, but they are stupid. I more than anyone appreciate the 1st amendment, and believe that you can generally say anything you want. So I can't begrudge these people from thinking and saying what they want. But they couldn't be further from right.

These stupid fuckholes seem to think that because they own shares of the Packers that they somehow have the right to control personnel decisions. This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. They are saying ridiculous shit like "we are calling an emergency stockholder meeting", and "Last time we checked, it is a publicly owned franchise, and not owned by Ted Thompson." FUCK! I mean the sheer stupidity is incredible. Look, you are right, Thompson doesn't own the team. But here are the facts:

FACT: Thompson wanted Favre back all along, and bent over backwards to try to get him to come back.

FACT: Favre is still welcome on the team (not really, but technically)

FACT: Favre is the one who doesn't want to come back here.

FACT: Ownership and personnel decisions aren't the same thing. Some asshole that owns 1 share of Apple doesn't get to decide whether their top designer should be allowed back after he quits. The FUCKING person that makes personnel decisions does. Who in this case is Ted Thompson.

FACT: These idiots don't understand how a) a corporate structure works and b) how the Packers corporate structure works. The way it works is that the shareholders elect a board of directors, who elect and executive board, who hires a President/CEO (Mark Murphy) who hires a GM (Thompson) who "hires" coaches and players. In the case of the Packers, the shares aren't publiclly traded, and I'm not aware that they even truly elect people for the board. I believe that the current board nominates, and the shareholders "cast a vote" to put them in. But I don't think Dickface McGee can nominate himself, because otherwise it would happen all the time. My uncle Dan would be president. The people that end up on the board are rich, successful business people and other important people in the city. The shares aren't really shares at all, they are really just a fundraising mechanism, and a cool thing to hang on the wall. Shareholders get no profits, they get the privilege of helping the TEAM stay in GB. They don't have any say in anything really. Essentially, by trying to stage a revolt against the TEAM, they are saying that one player is more important than the desires and intelligence of the very people that the franchise that has been around for nearly 90 years, has found fit to hire.

So fucking find something better to do with your time. Or give me your fucking season tickets. This is just so incredibly frustrating. AND FAVRE DOESN'T FUCKING EVEN WANT TO PLAY HERE!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

I am going to the website mentioned, which I won't post here because perhaps these assholes are just trying to make money on the rest of the morons (which for that I guess I give them a bunch of credit), but I refuse to post to them; and I'm going to call them out as dipshits and tell those stupid fucks to give me thier tickets when the Pack does the right thing.

1 comment:

Seymour said...

According to a friend of a friend of mine who holds a position high up in the packers front office, the "fuck you" text message was because in his own words "It isn't his(Thompson's) decsion to make by himself." And the packers are most definately doing all the right things