Sunday, July 6, 2008

BF Sabathia and Draft Update


-I am having stomach pains over the possibility of a certain Cy Young winning pitcher joining the Crew in the next few days. Reportedly, it is coming today or tomorrow. The more I think about it, the more I think giving up LaPorta isn't that big of a deal. They haven't been to the playoffs in 26 fucking years, and they can't keep looking to the future to get things done. It sucks that they will end up with nothing if there is no playoff appearance.

-Three teams have named their keepers so far in the marathon OJSFA draft. The results so far:

Team from St. Paul (Spider Pigs): Frank Gore, Ryan Grant, Granmama
My Brother (Shaun Alexander): T.O., Reggie Wayne, Joe Addai
Me (The White Broncos): Marshawn Lynch, Tony Simpson-Romo, Marion the Barbarian

No real surprises. The defending champ really didn't have anything else on his team. McNabb somehow taped together his knees and led him to a title last year. He did make Steve Smith available. A little surprisingly, my brother (who's team name is Shaun Alexander) didn't keep Shaun Alexander. He also had to let go T.J. Whosyomamma. He was desperately trying to unload a receiver for a RB, but I beat him to the punch.

I had a semi-tough decision. I ended up setting loose Braylon Edwards, Andre Johnson, WELKAH and Reggie Bush. I had ZERO repeat keepers. People laugh about Reggie Bush, but he had over 70 catches last year. And he is fucking Kim Kardashian.

2 comments:

gotwinkies said...

I know I suck at fantasy football, but is Frank Gore really that good?

I'm just saying.

Bear said...

Sabathia is wearing Prince Fielder's pants tonight... because they're both fat