Wednesday, July 2, 2008

LET'S VENT!!!!!


I wish I was the guy above right now. If I have to hear ONE more FUCKING rumor that Favre is coming back, I might be that guy. Look, I love Favre about as much a man can love another (I know that I say that quite a bit), but I'm serious. He is maybe the best player in Packer history, but certainly the best in my lifetime (narrowly edging Vince Workman). That being said, as I told a friend earlier, I am boarding a plane to Mississippi right now, along with my good pal A-Rodg to choke the life out the former #4. I don't know if the rumors are true, and they seem to be pretty vague. That, and Favre allegedly told a paper in Mississippi that it is "Just a rumor." But that doesn't make it better for a man that lives in the greater Green Bay area, when I have to listen to this shit. I nearly cried when Favre retired, but there was also a sense of relief in a way, because then I didn't need to stress out every offseason, and I didn't have to go into every season with extremely high expectations. He finally appeared to let go, and A-Rodg was given the keys, and came out of his shell. Now every fuckhead on earth is talking about this big decision that the Pack allegedly has to make. My opinion: There is no decision. He wants to come back, let him. But let him go the way of Joe Montana and do it someplace else. What kind of message does that send the rest of the team if you do whatever Favre wants? What would happen to A-Rodg? There are way too many potential negatives here. I don't want to see Favre play for anyone else, but at this point, I would have a hard fucking time dealing with him playing for the Packers after he ripped my heart out 4 months ago.....unless we won the Super Bowl, then all would be forgiven. But the chances of that are slim. What if time catches up to Favre, they kick A-Rodg in the nuts, and we end up with NO QB in two years? There are too many what-ifs, but I am just SO sick and fucking tired of this shit.

Ultimately, the decision is up to T.T. If he doesn't believe in A-Rodg, then go ahead. Or if you think Brohm is better, then fine I guess. I trust Thompson with my life, unless he needs to be counted on to spend my money, but that is another story. If he decides that, so be it, but that doesn't mean I won't be bitter.

No comments: