Monday, July 14, 2008

All-Star Game v. NCAA Football 2009


I am going to breathe a deep sigh SERENITY NOW!!!, and change the topic here for a second while I watch televised batting practice (I mean, who doesn't like to hear Berman scream "Back, back, back, back, GONE!, 400 times?) to bring forth a delimma I am facing tomorrow.

See, tomorrow is MLB's All-Star game, where my current favorite Brewer (Braun) and one of my other favorites (Big Ben) are starring. Big Ben is getting the start, which is incredible for a Brewer to be a starting pitcher in my lifetime.

Also, tomorrow, NCAA Football '09 is coming out. Which I am rather excited about.

I need to decide what to do with my precious free time. A game like this doesn't come out every day. But the All-Star game is the only real all-star game, and is usually entertaining. I realize the game will be there the next day, but there is nothing like busting open that package and playing a game for about 6 straight hours, and staying up way past your bedtime (which today is about 10). Also, I am pretty worked up about flying out of work as early as I can to get it.

I am leaning towards watching the All-Star game until Sheets and Braun are gone (which should be about the 3rd inning), playing at least one game, then hope to split-screen it for the last inning or two.

If I was Favre I would tell my boss to fucking pay me to take the day off to play the game, then I would fly to NY to see the game while playing on the plane, then I would take a shit on my bosses desk on Wednesday to thank him. And I'm not bitter.

No comments: