Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sabathia, Response on Jefferson and Art of Backing Up Home Plate


As I stated earlier Joe took the main topic of mine I wanted to hit on, which is the sheer awesomeness of everything that comes out of A-Rodg's mouth. The man crush is building. If he sucks, I think that would suck. And that is some deep shit right there. Now that I think about it, it has been like 15 years since I had to worry about the QB1 for the Packers sucking balls. This must be what it feels like to be a Bears fan. Stay tuned for more shit to bypass the non-existent filter that runs between A-Rodg's brain and mouth.


I am now going to blatantly lift two items that I read on JS Online today. One was even from Bear's best friend Hardicourt.


1) Hardicourt does a downright shitty job of re-reporting Buster Olney's opinion (which I can't actually find a link to the exact one) that the Brewers have the best chance of trading for Sabathia. Whether or not you agree with him (and Olney actually has legit sources to back up his opinions), Hardicourt's article was terrible. He basically just interviews the GM in the middle of trade season, GM predictably says nothing....and that's it. There is no information there at all.


Here is my take, and I don't have access to a major league GM: I don't see it happening. The Brewers obviously have the ammo to make it work (which Hardicourt does mention). I heard they had ELEVEN all-stars in AA, which is ridiculous. Problem is, I don't think they are convinced that they are set at the major league level quite yet, and are trying to decide who they will eventually pay and who is expendable. They would need to give up alot of guys to get Sabathia, who ultimately they probably couldn't afford to keep. With the overall financial situation they are faced with, it is doubtful they pull the trigger.


2) I can't find where I read this earlier, but Richard Jefferson was rated by somebody as the 13th best small forward in the NBA. Which isn't really that great.


3) I also read that Joe Alexander's nickname is "Vanilla Sky" because of his 30 inch standing vertical. Which is great.


4) Anyone stay up to see the abomination that was Dave Bush not really trying, and completely forgetting to back up a throw from RF to home that resulted directly in a run last night? Fucking fundamentals people. They teach you that shit in little league. He just fucking stood there and pouted when he gave up the hit.


I am torn on the 8:40 p.m start times. On one hand, you can cut the lawn after work or some shit, and not miss the game. On the other hand, you have to stay up way past my bedtime.


Rickie Weeks is out with a "stomach virus" tonight. Or as some shitty NFL announcer might say "He's out with a Dom P." "Stomach virus". Baseball players don't fucking get stomach viruses, they get deadly hangovers.

1 comment:

Bear said...

Most of what I read says he's in the top 10 for small forwards, but I'll take your made up quote about 13th best. Let's say that he is, that means we just traded the 36th best small forward and the 42nd best power forward for him. I'll take it.

I was on board with Yi for one reason and one reason only, I'm a homer and he was playing for the Bucks.